Celebrate our Truckee River in all its winter glory! In true Sierra Nevada fashion, activities will take place rain, shine or snow. Join Truckee River Cohousing and Donner Party Mountain Runners for your pick of winter fun activities on the weekend of January 12-13, 2019.
Saturday, January 12, 2019
- 1-3 pm: Snow hike along the future alignment of the Truckee River Legacy Trail. This hike is hosted by the Donner Party Mountain Runners, who will provide snowshoes if necessary. Meet at the ice rink at Truckee Regional Park (click here for map.) We will cross Brockway and head west from there on the fresh snow. Please RSVP to secure loaner snowshoes: email HelenPelster@DonnerPartyMountainRunners.com.
- 4-7 pm: Bonfire at the future home of the Truckee River Cohousing community on West Truckee River! Park outside Viviane’s Boutique at 10925 W River Street, Truckee, CA (click here for map.) No RSVP, just show up with your chair, mug, and winter spirit! (Dress for the snow on the ground.)
Sunday, January 13, 2019
- 11 am – 12:45 pm: Run the paved Legacy Trail along the Truckee River with the Donner Party Mountain Runners. Come prepared for winter pavement conditions (should be plowed, but could easily be snowy or slick.) This will be a social group run pace and all are invited. The route is out-and-back, so distances can be adjusted as needed – maximum is 8 miles total. Meet at the pedestrian bridge at the end of East River Street (click here for map.) No RSVP needed.
- 1-2 pm: Tour the future site of the Truckee River Cohousing community right on the Truckee River. Meet outside Viviane’s Boutique at 10925 W River Street, Truckee, CA (click here for map.). Chat with some community members and bring your questions. RSVP requested ~ please drop an email to email@example.com, letting us know you’ll be there.
- 6 pm: Potluck dinner for Explorers and Members of the Truckee River Cohousing community at The Lift Coworking space. (Following the regular business meeting at the same location.)